## Hardware Certification Program
Welcome to the Comcast Hardware Developer Program space. Here you'll find information you need to develop your device to Comcast's guidelines and sail smoothly through the Xfinity Home Wholesale approval process.
We suggest that your start with our Quick Start Guide to orient yourself with the overall process.
### Quick Start Guide
Here is a quick overview for developing your new device or preparing your existing device and getting it Xfinity Home Wholesale Approved! Please use below as a condensed basic overview of the details contained within the [Comcast Developer Program Processes!](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/program-processes)
Partner should plan on attending [Comcast Developer Training](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/developer-training-materials-and-schedule)
Partner should read and understand the Comcast mandatory requirements and conformance information for the Ecosystem Device Type to be developed against.
Attending the device lab testing when possible is strongly recommended
1. Review the appropriate [Device Development Kit (DDK) documentation](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/device-development-kits-and-supporting-documentation) for your device type and please pay special attention to the Comcast Requirements and Conformance section of each DDK.
2. Sign the Comcast WWX Agreement and review [Comcast device certification fees](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/program-fees).
3. Review the [Developer Training Materials and Schedule](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/developer-training-materials-and-schedule) materials and contact your Partner Manager to attend the next session.
4. Obtain a [Development Kit](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/ordering-development-kits) (2 kits provided an no cost during Partner Training).
5. Design and pre-test your device's [RF performance](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/device-development-kits-and-supporting-documentation).
6. Self-test your device using the Test Plan(s) provided in the [DDK](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/device-development-kits-and-supporting-documentation).
7. Self-test the battery performance of your device using the [Xfinity Home Battery Life Estimation Specification](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/device-development-kits-and-supporting-documentation/xfinity-home-battery-life-estimation-specification).
8. Obtain all external certifications (e.g., FCC, ETL/UL, Wi-Fi or ZigBee Alliance) required.
9. Prepare your submission package following the Hardware Device Portal Submission Processes and familiarize yourself with the Lab Certification Process for [ZigBee Devices]() or [Wi-Fi (Camera) Devices](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/program-processes/lab-certification-process-overview-for-wi-fi-devices).
10. Submit all required submission package data to Comcast through the Comcast Partner Portal under your Device Page.
11. Once Comcast has successfully completed the Functional Test on the device, work with your Comcast Partner Manager to provide the remaining devices for the [30 day Comcast Beta Field Test](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/program-processes).
12. Once Xfinity Home Wholesale Approved, Comcast issues certification notice to you and Comcast customers.
13. Partner negotiates distribution agreements and commercial terms directly with Comcast Wholesale Customers.
First, please consult the Knowledge Base to get answers to common questions and get an overview of Comcast system components.
If you're unable to find the answer to your question there, please consult the [Partner Support](/xh/kbase/comcast-platform-overviews/device-development-kits-and-supporting-documentation/zigbee-device-development-guide/partner-support) space or submit an email ticket to the RT support email address listed in your company's space.